This square mile homestead was settled by a young Carolina physician, Dr. William J. Watson, in the earliest days of the Florida Territory. The present house was built in 1885 and later occupied by Carolyn Watson Whitehead, widow of Dr. Edwin Whitehead. Some of the Watson family have lived in the house since that time. A fire, in 1925, required extensive rebuilding by Lucien Whitehead Watson, but the same floor plan was retained.
The home was redecorated in the past few years by Dr. and Mrs. William F. Dunkle, Jr. (Carolyn Watson) who returned to this area following Dr. Dunkle's retirement from the ministry. The home houses family antiques and artifacts from their travels abroad.
Three generations of the Watson family have owned and operated the Watson's Drug Store in Downtown Marianna.
Cited from Self-Guided Tour of the Marianna Area. Presented by Main Street Marianna and Chipola Historical Trust Jackson County Florida
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/21/d175088933/htdocs/site/web/templates/gk_news/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 191