This antebellum home was built in the 1840's by Arthur Isavelle Lewis. It has been sold many times during the ensuing years.
In 1984, Floye Brewton purchased the home and restored the oldest part. Obvious additions were removed, and an open porch was added around the entire house. There are twenty-four columns on the porch.
The cypress entry doors are built with pegs and have hand-etched glass. The side lights are of very thin hand-blown glass. Interior doors are all original to the house and are seven feet eight inches tall. The interior woodwork has been carefully restored, and the heart pine flooring has been refinished. Three chandeliers are original to the house. Windows in the house are nine feet tall, and some are original. Two fireplaces remain.
The basic floor plan is unchanged except for a bath and closet area. The small building in the backyard was at one time a kitchen which joined the main house.
The house was purchased in 1989 by the Jackson county Chamber of Commerce and was recently purchased by Sean and Kim Donofro for commercial purposes.
Cited from Self-Guided Tour of the Marianna Area. Presented by Main Street Marianna and Chipola Historical Trust Jackson County Florida
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/21/d175088933/htdocs/site/web/templates/gk_news/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 191