"The Abstract Office" is the oldest business building in Marianna. It was built and used by Doctor W.S.
Wilson prior to 1868 and was the home of Marianna's first telephone exchange in 1901.
In 1920 it was purchased by J.A. Ormond and moved to this site. Records of all recorded Jackson County real estate transactions from 1847 through December 1998 were housed and compiled in this building for almost 90 years.
The building was remodeled in 1865
The business entity of "Florida Land Title and Trust Company" moved to a new, larger location in January 1999.
Cited from Self-Guided Tour of the Marianna Area. Presented by Main Street Marianna and Chipola Historical Trust Jackson County Florida
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/21/d175088933/htdocs/site/web/templates/gk_news/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 191